Why use a clever little site?
Here’s a bunch of reasons why right now might be a really good time to give that entrepreneurial idea some serious consideration, and maybe think about starting your own business.
- People are looking for work. In the current economic climate, a lot of people are already finding it hard to find work, so if you’re able to create jobs for them, you should find it easy to find people to fill the vacancies.
- Banks are looking for worthwhile investments. While banks are no longer carelessly lending out money they may not see again, it is still in their interest to be lending out and investing money in viable businesses. If you can present a solid business plan and valid market research to back it up, the banks should still be listening.
- You may already be out of work yourself. A lot of people put off starting their own business as they are busy with their current job, working for another employer. However, with recent job losses and redundancies from large corporations who are “slimming down” their operations, many people are no longer in this situation.
- You can do something you love, instead of “working”. The Chinese philosopher Confucius once said: “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” This is exactly what starting your own business can allow you to do. By running a business that focuses on something you’re passionate about, you can indulge that passion whilst earning a living. Also, it won’t feel so much like hard work, and you’ll find that your enthusiasm for what you’re doing is infectious, and people will be interested in what you have to say.
- You stand to gain a great deal. If your new business grows and is successful, you’ll be the owner of a valuable financial asset, that keeps on giving. You could be the next Richard Branson. He started off selling Christmas trees in his hometown. Then he sold records out of a room above a Doc Marten’s outlet, which, as he had no money, he managed to rent for free, after persuading the shop owner that the extra foot traffic through the store would help sell more boots (which apparently it didn’t). And look where he is now. So we’ll see you in the pits of the next season’s Formula 1 championship, right?
So what are you waiting for? If you have an idea, develop it into something you can run really with.
New businesses are starting up at a rate of thousands and thousands each month – there’s no reason you can’t be one of these have-a-go entrepreneurs too.
In these challenging times it’s important to remember one thing – in every difficulty, there is an opportunity.